Please read through this page before signing up for an evaluation.
Click Here To Sign Up For An Evaluation
Thank you for your interest in our program. We require all new swimmers come to an evaluation so our coaching staff can place your swimmer into the appropriate program. We offer a year round competitive Swim Club and a non competitive Swim League. Please familiarize yourself with both programs prior to coming to the evaluation.
- Our Swim Club is a competitive USA Swimming team. We have multiple groups within the club for boys and girls as young as 5. Groups are created based on age, ability and many other factors. We attend on average 1 meet per month with a team event every 3 months. The commitment for the swim club is year round, September 2022 to July 2023.
- Our Swim League provides a much needed opportunity between swim lessons and a competitive swim club. The league is for swimmers looking to swim for fitness and fun with a taste of competitive swimming. Most swimmers with prior experience whether it be lessons or backyard swimming usually qualify. Our Swim League practices on Sundays and additionally on Wednesday for our older more advanced swimmers. Commitment for the Swim League is available monthly, seasonally or yearly.
- Our professional coaching staff are certified coaches of USA Swimming. All coaches must pass a criminal background check, maintain a certification in Adult / Child / Pediatric CPR and AED from The American Red Cross, pass the Safety Training for Swim Coaches Class from The American Red Cross, complete the Athlete Protection Training from USA Swimming, and complete education requirements from USA Swimming.
- Our coaches have a wealth of experience as competitive swimmers with decades worth of hands on aquatic coaching and instructing experience.
- We require all swimmers for both the evaluation and future practices arrive with their bathing suit on. At the end of the evaluation and each practice swimmers will leave with their suit on. The locker rooms at the pool are only available for bathroom use. Adults are not permitted in the locker rooms and changing on the deck is not permitted.
- The school district has asked all swim families to enter the pool side of the building through the larger set of doors on that side of the building. The doors where the “Pool Entrance” sign is can’t be used anymore due to school safety. Please see the map below for further directions.
- Parents and spectators are not allowed on the pool deck.
What To Bring
- Swimmers will need their goggles, suit and towel.
- Swimmers must arrive with their suit on.
- As swimmers join our program they will need to most likely “upgrade” their apparel to an appropriate one piece bathing suit for girls and a non board short suit for boys. More information like this is covered after registration.
What To Expect
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled evaluation start time.
- Upon arrival families parents will be asked to fill out an information form while they sit on the deep side of the pool bleachers.
- Swimmers will be asked to come onto the pool deck without their parents. They will be asked to enter the water at the coaches the direction. Coaches will instruct swimmers through a series of strokes and skills to see what your swimmer can do.
- Evaluations can take between 15 – 45 minutes depending upon the ability of the swimmer.
- Completely water safe and deep end ready to attend an evaluation without any flotation device.
- Swimmers will be required to enter the water on their own.
- Swimmers must follow the coaches directions at all times.
- After a successful evaluation the coaching staff will let families know their options for joining our organization.
- We swim at Hauppauge High School 500 Lincoln Blvd. Hauppauge NY 11788. We are not at the main circle entrance. We are the parking lot at the traffic light with the tennis courts. After you park your car and you’re facing the building, use the entrance in the middle of the building.