We need to work together now more than ever to take precautions and follow the right processes for safety. It’s important to respect the health and safety of all swimmers, family members, coaches and school staff.
- All families must read through and agree to our the protocols and waiver below.
- Please fill out 1 form per swimmer.
- Symptom free to attend practice.
- Swimmers will arrive with their suit on and leave with their suit on.
- Swimmers will be dropped off in the front of the building.
- Swimmers will enter the building and take their temperature on the wall.
- There will be marked changing areas on the pool deck 6 feet apart.
- The coaching staff will direct the swimmers to remove their mask and safely enter the pool for practice.
- We enforce BOTH mask wearing and social distancing.
- Hauppauge High School Pool Setup – Circles are spots for swimmers to stand on the pool deck before entering and after exiting the water. The pictures of people are the new starting positions for swimmers.
Rules For Compliance
- Swimmers must follow the directions of the coaches at all time.
- The coaches reserve the right to ask your swimmer to leave practice and not return for non compliance with the rules.
- Our coaching staff will be responsible for communicating with appropriate agencies to monitor and report any potential cases of COVID-19 and changes to procedures. The coaching staff will monitor and enforce all entry / exit procedures, mask adherence and social distancing adherence during practice.
- Make sure all of your contact information is updated and entered into the appropriate fields on your Team Unify account.
Safety For All
- Do not attend practice if a family member or swimmer
- Are sick or have any symptoms of Covid.
- Have a temperature of 100.0 F.
- Have been exposed to someone with COVID within the last 14 days.
- Have traveled to an area that is on the restricted list and have not completed the 14 days quarantine from the time you entered into New York.
- Stay 6’ apart upon entering, exiting, on deck, in pool and on the field.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- The coaching staff will have sanitizer.
- Contact Us immediately if you have symptoms of Covid, tested positive or been exposed to someone with Covid.
- Billing will be adjusted and refunded for time missed if a swimmer or family member have symptoms of Covid, tested positive or been exposed to someone with Covid.
- Your health information and privacy will be taken seriously.
Return To Practice After Illness
- We will adopt the Hauppauge School District School After Illness Protocol.
- We will follow CDC and Suffolk County Department of Health guidance for allowing a swimmer or coach to return to practice after exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 Suffolk County Department of Health and Center for Disease Control.
- If a person is not diagnosed by a healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant) with COVID-19 they can return to school:
- Once there is no fever, without the use of fever reducing medicines, and they have felt well for 24 hours.
- If they have been diagnosed with another condition and have a healthcare provider written note stating they are clear to return to school.
- If a person is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare provider based on a test or their symptoms or does not get a COVID-19 test but has had symptoms, they should not be at school and should stay at home until:
- It has been at least ten days since the individual first had symptoms.
- It has been at least three days since the individual has had a fever (without using fever reducing medicine); and
- It has been at least three days since the individual’s symptoms improved, including cough and shortness of breath.
- Return to school will be coordinated with the local health department.
- The CDC provides specific guidance for individuals who are on home isolation regarding when the isolation may end. CDC recommends 14 days of quarantine after exposure based on the time it may take to develop illness if infected. Thus, it is possible that a person known to be infected could leave isolation earlier than a person who is quarantined because of the possibility they are infected.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Take their temperature at home before practice.
- Take their temperature at the pool before checking swimmer temperature.
- Coaches will supervise swimmers arriving, lining up to enter, entering the building, throughout the practice and when exiting.
Swimmer Entry & Exit Plan
- Carpooling is discouraged but at your own risk.
- A mask must be worn at all times.
- No one will enter without a mask or a temperature over 100.
- Swimmers will arrive with their suit on and leave with their suit on.
- Swimmers will enter the pool deck at the direction of the coaches.
- Changing areas on the pool deck will be marked.
- Swimmers will remove their mask at the direction of the coaches.
- Bathrooms usage will be limited to emergency use only.
- Masks must be worn into and during bathroom usage.
- Swimmers will enter and exit the pool at the direction of the coaches.
- Swimmers will leave the pool deck quickly after their practice. Swimmers must be promptly picked up.
- Swimmers must remain a 6 foot distance from others at all times.
- Swimmers will only be allowed to bring their fins and kickboard. Please clean out the rest of their equipment bag. There will be no sharing or borrowing of equipment.
- Tighten suits for the younger swimmers before they leave the car. Fix goggles at home. Send swimmers with a second pair. Coaches will not help fix goggles.
Hauppauge Athletic Association Hold Harmless Waiver
- We (I), the undersigned, agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify The Hauppauge Athletic Association (“Club”) and The Hauppauge School District (“School”) and its staff, employees, coaches, lifeguards, officers, agents, trustees and representatives from and against any and all liability, lawsuits, claims, damages, or claims for injuries to my (our) child or children, including any negligent act or omission by the Club and School or its its staff, employees, coaches, lifeguards, officers, agents, trustees and representatives which are not the result of gross negligence, intentional neglect, or willful or wanton conduct by the Club and School. The Club and School has put in place preventative measures, as required by the CDC and the State of New York, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases; however, the Club and School cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19 or other communicable disease.
- Further, participating in an event with the Club could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19 or other communicable disease. I am aware of risks as described by the State Department and CDC, including the risk of transmission of communicable diseases, including the current outbreak of COVID-19, and agree to release and hold harmless the Club, School, its staff, employees, coaches, lifeguards, officers, agents, trustees and representatives from and against any and all liability, lawsuits, claims, or damages arising from the transmission of any communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19, before, during or after participation in any practices, programs, activities, classes, events, events or outings offered by the Club.